7:55a - 3:15p
Please contact the office if your child will be absent or tardy.
Report cards will be sent home with students on Monday, January 8th. These reports show your child’s overall performance in math, reading, writing, social skills, PE, music, library, counselor and art. The comments show your child’s strengths and next steps in learning. Parents wanting a more detailed list of skills may contact their child’s teacher. This information can be presented to parents in a written or verbal manner.
The weather has been very cold during the last couple of weeks. As we continue through the winter months, we wanted to share information from the Parent/Student Information Handbook. The handbook states the following – “When the air temperature or wind chill is at or below 10° the principal will exercise discretion to determine access to outdoor activity.” Please know that we do go outside when the weather is above these temperatures. Students should come to school dressed in appropriate winter clothing.
Head Lice Policy
HEAD LICE USD 470 Head Lice Procedure: USD 470 requires that all students who have live lice will be excluded from school until they have been treated with a pediculocide.
1. Students will be checked for evidence of lice when referred to the nurse or designee by a staff member or parent.
2. Siblings or those living in the same household of those identified will also be examined.
3. After identifying students with lice the students will be removed from the classroom immediately and parents/guardians notified.
4. Upon arrival of the parent/guardian, the family member will be informed of the school policy.
5. Upon readmission, the student will be examined and will be lice-free prior to readmission to school.
6. Proof of pediculocide treatment must be provided to the nurse or their designee: a. Receipt for a pediculocide. b. Visual evidence of pediculocide treatment materials.
7. Students who have been identified as having lice will be monitored by the school nurse, or designee. The students will be rechecked upon admission and weekly until they have no evidence of lice infestation for three consecutive checks.
8. Students are allowed no more than four excused days per semester for the treatment of head lice. HEALTH & WELLNESS (JGCA
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Program
This year students will have the opportunity to sample different fruits and vegetables on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The goal of this program is to expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience, increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption and make a difference in children’s diets to impact their present and future health. Please take some time to discuss with your child their favorite one so far.
Dates in January
Please save Box Top$ for our school.
Monday’s are Frances Willard Spirit Day. Students should wear their Frances Willard T-Shirt or blue and yellow.
Follow us on Twitter